Leaving the milk out
We have had a recurring problem with the milk not being placed back into the fridge after it has been used.. It's come down to me placing a post-it note on the milk carton with the remark "I require refrigeration. Put me back in the fridge!", which worked for a few days, but now has no effect. I decided to confront my flatmate about it. "Could you please make sure you put the milk back in the fridge after you use it?" says I. "Yeah ok... but UHT doesn't require refrigeration so it doesn't really matter". I almost exploded into a fit of rage, but doing so wasn't going to help the situation. "First off, this isn't UHT milk. Secondly, UHT milk can remain un-refrigerated until it is opened. This milk is open. This milk is not UHT. Refrigerate it." "Oh, I thought it was UHT".
Today's reason my flatmate pisses me of is that she continuously leaves the milk out, and has absolutely know idea about the whole concept of Ultra high temperature treated milk.
57 Comments:
Buy your own milk. Don't share your milk. If her milk is out, none of your business.
I do believe the time has come for you to move out. You are starting to sound like an old Married Couple.
On a side note even if UHT Milk doesn't need to be refridgerated... who likes warm milk. This is very simple...
I don't think getting your own milk will work with People like This
The one thing I love about your blog is the fact that the majority of your reasons for hating your flatmate are things we all have had to deal with at one point or another. My house has had tons of "issues" with the fridge. Now we all have our own personal shelves and we only share the door space. We all buy our own milk and it works out pretty good. We put the person on the bottom shelf who has the most problems with cleaning up after themselves so her shit wouldn't leak all over ours. I love it. This person would also overflow all of the shelves with her food (mostly already expired food that got pushed to the back and forgotten). Now we all get to watch in pleasure as her personal shelf gets fuller and fuller. If she puts shit on our shelves we throw it away. Plain and simple. No mercy. It's the only way to go. I can't believe you haven't developed mental problems at this point. Do you have issues with who gets to watch what on the TV and DVD or VHS players? One of my roomates (the messy one to boot) is a film major and she didn't want to put her DVD player downstairs for comunal use because it was a "good" one. Now mine has been down there forever and I can never seem to be able to use it to watch movies or whatever. The roomates either don't want to watch what I want to or they are watching something else already. I am to the point where I am just going to put my DVD player in my room so I can watch what I want. She can put her DVD player down there or not have one down there at all! There. :)
Leaving the milk out? What will your flatmate do next ? Leave her toe nails on the table! I actually had someone that I lived with do this. ugggggggggggggggggggggh
Love your blog! You are as annoyed as I am!! Keep being a fellow shrew!!!
I still say you really need this Knife Set. I am telling you it could be daily Therapy...Simple venting without going to jail.
A few days ago I saw a little post-it note on the milk carton by my lovely roommate.
Realizing it was Valentine's Day, I almost swoooooooooooned and checked it out excitedly.
Alas ! It was just some silly note about putting the milk back. And he still doesn't realize how madly infatuated I'm becoming with him. I dream about my roommate all day, making me forget all about everyday stuff like refrigerating milk etc - which makes my roommate angry :(.
But did I mention how incredibly HOT he looks angry with those flaming cheeks and blazing eyes. *Swoooooooooon*.
I allways put the milk back when i have filled my glass. Anything else is gross.
I've been known to put the milk in the cabinet and the cereal in the refridgerator.
As long as her slobbish behavior isn't coupled with being a senile young man (as is my case), you should be fine.
Hmm, I wonder if she'll get all spiteful and start drinking from the carton now just because you started on the subject of milk...
Seriously though, you need to get out of that place and away from the demon ditz. Anymore of this and you'll get an ulcer the size of a watermelon. Move out! Your website might die painfully but at least you won't (yet).
I love your blog! I am impressed with your roommate’s guts to respond, if in fact it is really her! I wonder what the atmosphere is like in your home! I wont give you advice on how to change things, sadly that would only mean the end to such a funny blog! Keep bitching and living the "bad roommate syndrome" so that I can continue to laugh and laugh and laugh!!! Saved by the bell vs. Springer and popcorn? Not even a debate!!!!
I've never heard of UHT milk. Is that some weird British thing?
Your posts bring humor to my day. I get so annoyed by stupid shit like this that people do. I've never heard of UHT milk, it sounds scary. They don't have that in the states that I know of.
UHT is pretty common in all of Western Europe. It's basically milk which has been ultra-pasteurized and hermetically sealed so you can store it in the cabinet until you need it (but the instant you open it, it gets contaminated with microbes which want to curdle it).
In America, only soy milk and a few other beverages of that sort seem to be sold UHT-style.
Well, cow's milk is worse for humans than cigarettes, but, who in the world shares fast consumables with a flatmate? I know your refrigerators are the size of microwave ovens over there but sheesh!
This happens to me at work. We use UHT milk. I nag the specific people that do it and place post it notes on the milk, and even tried putting a sign in A4 sized letters on the wall saying "Put the milk away!"
But when you're dealing with people like this, the only real solution is to put the milk away yourself.
hey! what are you complaining about? at least you find the milk outside the fridge but with milk on it! so, from the moment you cross the kitchen door, you see it and you have like 10 steps to get used to the idea of having worm contaminated milk for breakfast. I usually go to the fridge, open the door, grab the milk, and its empty! my brother has cereal and milk for breakfast , he empties it and then put it back in the fridge. Can you believe that? There are many times, if i wake up lucky enough that morning, that he may leave like half a cup on it. God! You keep going girl, but whatever you do, dont kick her out! this is very funny. Doesnt she ever go on vacations?
Excellent blogsite indeed. Brings back memories of sharing cold water flats in London's East End. I would recommend you read Australian writer John Birmingham if you haven't already. You and he would make excellent roommates.
I don't see how you do it. Sharing space with this person sounds like a nightmare gagfest.
As long as you are in this living situation please keep writing. I enjoy it in a cringingly sympathetic sort of way :)
THIS IS YOUR FLATMATE. YOU ARE SO BUSTED RIGHT NOW.
It wasn't me that left the milk out you fucking retard, why is it always me???? Perhaps I should tell your readers how you leave your toenail clipplings in the plughole, and how the bath water takes half an hour to drain because all your pubes are blocking the hole.
Or like how you're a stuck up bitch that walks around with a constant scowl on your face - attractive, no really - and have the kind of socially-inept behaviour reminiscent of a yak.
Nobody fucking likes you. This must be your first reach out to the world, via a blog! Are these your new friends?
Oh and I put strawberry jam on the phone deliberately to PISS YOU OFF. The rest of our roommates want you out, because you are such an anal-retentive cow. The sad thing is that you actually think you're normal. When actually you're just cooked.
If I come home tonight and find that your bags aren't packed, I will trash the entire flat. And I'm bringing some real friends, somethign you don't have, to trash it with me.
And if I catch you stealing my shit ever again, I will not only hide the remote for the television, I'll stuff it so far up your flabby fat ass, you won't be able to walk for an entire week. And buy your own fucking milk while you're at it.
When you sneeze, cover your mouth. I'm sure having herpes and pubic lice from your days as a prostitute can't be fun, but perhaps it's time to get it checked out.
Oooooh I can't wait to see YOU. LATER.
Nice blog. For some reason I'm guessing that the author isn't British. The tone sounds more like a New Zealander or Australian to me. I can't quite put a finger on why. Has John Doe posted his nationality anywhere?
(I second the call for an RSS feed - please, it's so easy with Blogger).
I think you're lying. I don't think you have a flatmate at all.
Although, it looks like your flatmate busted you about two posts up. That's pretty funny.
Bitch please,
The anonymous poster above isn't the roommate - its me. And I don't get pissed off on my flatmate making a site about me. I make a site dissing him in return :). Tit for tat !
I'll assume that you are a relatively civilized human being, and that the murder of your flatmate is out of the question. Legal concerns aside, this would require the necessity of replacing her with another to meet your economic needs. Ah well, you'll have to do it the hard way I guess. Therefore I would suggest subversion as your best alternative to the direct approach. While some might see this passive aggressive behavior as problematic, I think if strategically executed it could garner you some measure of satisfaction if not relief. One approach is to attack the keys. Leave early one morning taking a set of her keys while she sleeps. Make copies of everything, preferably multiple copies. This will be most effective if she owns a car, but keys to your flat will also be helpful. Best to do this without her knowledge, but I trust her keys could disappear for a short time, then reappear and she would hardly be the wiser. Start small. After waiting till she sleeps, move her car, preferably to a nearby parking space. Initially she may not notice, continue this for two to three times a week. If she comments, be supportive and understanding. Next, wait till she sleeps, unlock the vehicle turned the headlights on and lock the vehicle again. In the morning when she has a dead battery be supportive and helpful. Do this one to two times a week. Next wait for rain, not uncommon in your part of the world. Again wait till she sleeps, obtain a garden hose, place the hose inside the car and start the water and leave it running for a couple of hours. Remove the hose and roll down a window. When she finds her car soaked from the night's rain be supportive and understanding. At some point she will begin to question her own sanity, initially you should reassure her that it's simply a lapse of mind. But as you continue these subversions eventually begin subtly hinting that she might want to seek help for a stress-related disorder. Continue to be supportive and nurturing. If you choose to accept this assignment, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your existence. I'll get back to you with part two of "Am I going crazy or what?"
I am sensing this incredible forces of attraction and ...although you are sure that you hate her to the core and state all the reasons day by day....have you realise that you are watching her every move...even though they pissed you off...the water trail she left after a bath....the jam....the mess...I believe in opposite attracts...the more you resist only means there is an attraction....and you are scared...that you might fall in love with her...or have you?...anyway...I hope you two falls in love...if my gut feeling is true.
Sometimes, ranting is good for the soul.
And we do have UHT in the states, it's called Parmalat.
Love to all.
I think that the person that writes this blog is a girl, its a bit too mean spirited, guys usually don't care that much. I also think that the person who posts comments on here as
"Flatmate you bitch about" is full of shit, its a guy trying to type like he thinks a girl would. Stop trying to gain traffic to your blog by implying that you have a connection with this popular blog. Its pathetic!!!! It's nearly as pathetic as that plagarist...Try being really creative if you want a popular blog.
If this girl's roommate really did see this blog i think her reaction would be very similar to the comment posted earlier on this list.
So what's the deal? Why have you been so sketchy about posting regularly? I want a post each day damn it! hhehe just kidding. I hope everything isn't hitting the fan for you right now. If that really was your flatmate that busted you up there it would be great if you would post what happened when you got home. :) or not
Have you considered SEX with your roommate? I think that would solve a lot of problems (but it might end this blog). Always worked for me. -- Celeste
LOL ! i think we have the same problem. wana consider stayin togother?? haha!
I feel for you... but there is only so much value in ranting. You are building up a mountain of negative energy in the space that you live... either kick her out or confront her directly. Clear the air!
I think you're a crazy bitch ass sick fuck gurl. All you do is find something that is wrong about your roommate and bang her on the net. Why don't you do something like MOVE DA FUCK OUT? crazee bitch. Watching shows is wrong; so what kinda shows you think is good? Larry King Live? The Jamie Foxx show? go fuck yourself bitch and get a life. Your husband or boyfriend will be the most unluckiest man on earth to be with you. Anyways! no harm no foul aiite? peace out~
haha..it must be fun living with you..
Sign up for a free IPOD Shuffle here:
http://www.ipodshufflegiveaway.co.uk/?r=2609It'll help take your mind off your annoying housemate!
I feel your pain. This could be my flatmate you're talking about. She's a dear friend but a crap flatmate. I feel like I'm looking after a 12-year old (she's 26) most of the time. I imagine it's good training for parenthood *sigh*.
That's the nice thing about being part of a big family - you learn to deal with this type of thing from a young age :P
Does your flatmate read your email? Publish your secrets on the internet? Email fifty people with a caricature of your personality? Maybe you should check out
www.miminewyork.blogspot.com
and count your blessings mate. After all, there's worse people out there. You could be sharing an apartment with me...
Your flatmate is clearly getting something out of annoying you. Don't let her know it get's to you. If you stop giving her the reward she seeks and it's no longer fun, perhaps she'll be easier to live with.
I hated living with people before I was able to live alone. I sucked ass. I feel for you. This site is an excellent place to vent.
BTW: If you let the milk stay out and it goes bad, then she will understand the consequences of her stupidity. There needs to be a consequence to her actions that she doesn't like. If you remind her all the time, she wont have to step up.
I'd also install a lock on my bedroom so I don't get murdered in the night...Put a personal fridge in there with my own milk, so who gives a shit about her milk...Rely upon her less as she's not reliable.
I
I am
I am in
I am in awe
I am in awe that
I am in awe that you
I am in awe that you drink
I am in awe that you drink the
I am in awe that you drink the same..
Ok, What the hell are you thinking!!
Why would you drink the same milk as her?
Sicko.
Ghost Notes
hey...amybe your roommater thinks shes in europe. over there milk doesn't have to be refigerated..i donno.
good luck
My Grandmother once made me drink Ultra high temperature treated milk to see if it was off... at the tender age of 6 I didn't know what off-milk tasted like so I pretended it was fine dispite the fact that it tasted like rancid piss.
Boy did she have a shock when she knocked back her tea - HA!
She turned yellow and died a few years later... I think that is coz she drank too much gin though...
Honest Questions
I like the blog but the people leaving comments are just f'ing crazy. Oh well, my $0.02
I've just found this blog from a link in my 'Dashboard' and to say the least - I'm hooked!Whether the author is male or female, Brit or American or even if the flatmate doesn't exist - this is the funniest thin I've read in a long time.
I'd now like to quote from the Song of Solomon:
"Some little babies smell like butter.....but this baby? Damn. She smell like no other."
Jeezus h. krist, quit your bitching and just kick your roommate out or move out yourself. How complicated is that?
Haha! One of the funniest blogs I've read over the net. This really made my day!!! =)
your blog is great, lots of entertainment when i'm bored but seriously...your flatmate is an idiot. Maybe she should read your blog and it might waken her tiny little brain. doesn't she know that milk(whether it's UHT or not) can't be left out in the open. there will be a sour smell after a while. maybe you should consider moving out but having tolerating her for that long, i don't think that u had any other choice.
Put some prawns at the base of her bed....she`ll soon leave....
It's truly halarious! I just read your entire archive...sad I know. However, I happend to read the comeents above and noticed two people claiming to be your flatmate. I have to say that neither of them are beacuse if they really wanted to bust you they would at least put their name or say something to you...or something that would trigger you to believe it is them. People are sad!!! PLEASE, PLEASE can i be your flatmate!!! ha ha
You poor thing. I did have an asshole of a room-mate back in college days, and I can empathise how hard it is to get over their idiotic and moron-like behaviour. My sympathies are with you. and if you want that person killed, I know the person who would do it at a nominal cost. LOL! Take care honey. All the best with the next pathetic thing that your room-mate might perform to annoy you.
Btw: the blog was well-written. nice articulation.
Regards.
D911T
UHT milk is crap man - gees, who does the shopping in your house?
Ben
my blog rules
Ok, simple solution- revenge! Just spike the milk with some Exlax and call it a day.
Take a shit in the milk. Then they will get the idea.
情趣用品..情趣..情趣用品...台北情趣用品..情人節禮物..情趣用品..情趣用品..情趣..情境坊歡愉用品.情人視訊網..成人用品..情趣用品..按摩棒,情惑用品性易購,,情惑用品性易購,,情惑用品性易購..情趣用品..情人視訊網..情人視訊網,情趣交友..美姬用品專賣...高雄轉角情趣用品,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購..情色論壇..情惑用品性易購..成人論壇..高雄轉角情趣用品,情趣用品,免費視訊聊天..視訊交友網..情趣用品...紅煙論壇...交友聊天室..情趣,美姬圖影,成人論壇.成人視訊交友..情趣用品情惑用品性易購情趣用品情人視訊網,情趣用品..情人視訊網,情人視訊網,情惑用品性易購..成人論壇..高雄轉角情趣用品,性感睡衣,情趣用品..視訊交友網..情人視訊網...
情人節禮物,情侶歡愉用品,情惑用品性易購,情侶歡愉用品,情趣用品,情侶歡愉用品
花美姬情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色,情趣,情趣用品,情色文學 ,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網 ,色情 ,情色電影 ,色情遊戲 嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲 ,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區 ,做愛 ,性愛 美女視訊,辣妹視訊 ,視訊聊天室 視訊交友網 ,免費視訊聊天 ,美女交友,做愛影片,情人節禮物,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情侶歡愉用品,情趣用品,情侶歡愉用品
情趣用品,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情人節禮物,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,成人網站,免費視訊,成人電影,成人,情趣用品花美姬,情趣精品,男女情趣用品,台中情趣用品,台北情趣用品,高雄情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣精品
情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情人花束,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情人視訊網,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情人視訊網,情趣用品,情侶歡愉用品,情人視訊,情人視訊,
情趣用品..情趣..情趣用品...台北情趣用品..情人節禮物..情趣用品..情趣用品..情趣..情境坊歡愉用品.情人視訊網..成人用品..情趣用品..按摩棒,情惑用品性易購,,情惑用品性易購,,情惑用品性易購..情趣用品..情人視訊網..情人視訊網,情趣交友..美姬用品專賣...高雄轉角情趣用品,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購..情色論壇..情惑用品性易購..成人論壇..高雄轉角情趣用品,情趣用品,免費視訊聊天..視訊交友網..情趣用品...紅煙論壇...交友聊天室..情趣,美姬圖影,成人論壇.成人視訊交友..情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情趣用品,情人視訊網,情趣用品..情人視訊網,情人視訊網,情惑用品性易購..成人論壇..高雄轉角情趣用品,性感睡衣,情趣用品..視訊交友網..情人視訊網...
情人節禮物,情侶歡愉用品,情惑用品性易購,情侶歡愉用品,情趣用品,情侶歡愉用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品
花美姬情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色,情趣,情趣用品,情色文學 ,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網 ,色情 ,情色電影 ,色情遊戲 嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲 ,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區 ,做愛 ,性愛 美女視訊,辣妹視訊 ,視訊聊天室 視訊交友網 ,免費視訊聊天 ,美女交友,做愛影片,情人節禮物,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情侶歡愉用品,情趣用品,情侶歡愉用品
情趣用品,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情人節禮物,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,成人網站,免費視訊,成人電影,成人,情趣用品花美姬,情趣精品,男女情趣用品,台中情趣用品,台北情趣用品,高雄情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣精品
情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情人花束,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情人視訊網,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情人視訊網,情趣用品,情侶歡愉用品,視訊交友90739,視訊交友90739,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情人視訊高雄網,視訊情人高雄網,視訊交友高雄網,情趣用品,情侶歡愉用品,情趣用品........
It was just some silly note about putting the milk back. And he still doesn't realize how madly infatuated I'm becoming with him.
Post a Comment
<< Home