Tuesday, September 06, 2005

An Introduction to the Flatmate...

I have recently moved in with the new flatmate, hence the resurrection.

I thought it was going to be a safe and simple existence. I had secured a reasonable sized 2 bedroom flat close to work, and figured that a flatmate would be the sensible way to defray the cost of rent. With an eye to the immediate past, I carefully selected a few really safe looking applicants.

Of the lot I liked Paula the best. She was funny, which I like in a flatmate. She has (or should I say had) a professional sounding job - legal executive. Sounded great, no worries about getting the rent money, and a possible source of free legal advice. Great. In our negotiations by email she said: "Don't worry, I'm domesticated." Even better I thought. Someone with a penchant for housework, which would make a change. And she is also hot, as in Daisy Duke hot.

Now, after a few weeks living with her I am beginning to wonder, domesticated in what way? Domesticated like a family of ferrets? Domesticated like a wild fucking pig? Domesticated in exactly the same way as an obdurate epileptic wombat with severe feculant proclivities and alcoholic Tourette's!

Since she moved in she lost her job. I am as yet unsure as to the precise details involved in the termination of her employ, but I suspect that it has something to do with alcohol. You see, nearly everything she does involves alcohol. And not in the way you might associate with a slender professional, more along the lines of a football team.

So of course she is behind in her rent.

And somehow the house is still a sty. Notwithstanding her abundant free time and self proclaimed domestification.

Todays reason I hate my flatmate: she is an unemployed drunken disgrace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! Glad to have you back! Sorry you have a drunken mess of a flatmate. I will be looking forward to your next installment, as this could prove interesting...

6:13 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Clive Dangerously said...

Like I said earlier, you are a magnet for undesirable roommates.

3:28 AM, September 07, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps it was the collective energy of the fans of this site that aligned the forces of the universe such that you would once again get stuck with a pathetic excuse for a flatmate. We very much missed reading your daily diatribes.

Pleased to have you back in the blogosphere.

1:28 PM, September 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your back!! I missed you so. You have made my week...and its been a sucky one so far.

9:07 PM, September 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Thats what you get for thinking with your dick and picking the hot flatmate!

1:33 PM, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home