Copy Cat
It has come to my attention there has been an attempt to copy this site. Now I don't mind if someone else starts their own site to hassle their flatmate; it's not like I'm the first one to do it. But when someone copies the exact title, and cuts and pastes the postings word for word from my site, simply modifying the 'she' to a 'he', I think that is pretty lame.
The site http://flatmate.rediffblogs.com/ has now been pulled, but Rohan Chatterjee, the author of the copy site still has his other blogs up and running at http://filthyneighbour.rediffblogs.com/
and http://rohandiary.rediffblogs.com.
Update: You can see this copied site on google's cache here.
41 Comments:
Doesn't look like it at all.
you are giving free publicity to rohan's page ?
That sucks.I'd hate to think someone did that to me.I always thoughtloggers should be honourable, and respect one another's talents. How did you find out?
You can start another blog called "Things I Hate About My Copy-Cat Blogger".
I think it's sick. It's like filling an empty bottle of Pol Roger cuvée Winston Churchill with cheap vin de pays from the worst vinegaryard on this globe.
I think it's sick. It's like filling an empty bottle of Pol Roger cuvée Winston Churchill with cheap vin de pays from the worst vinegaryard on this globe.
I think it's sick. It's like filling an empty bottle of Pol Roger cuvée Winston Churchill with cheap vin de pays from the worst vinegaryard on this globe.
It's the Internet! Everybody steals off everybody else.
Guess you have more than your flatmate to be pissed at now then :o/
Bob The Gallery Blogger
I've noticed a few comments on here regarding the roommate v flatmate wording. Some say it's one of those Americanisms v Britishisms. I've heard both terms used albeit to describe different situations. 'Roommate' implies you are sharing the same room as in a university/college dorm situation. Whereas 'flatmate' implies you are sharing the same flat/apartment/unit. And following the same line of logic 'housemate' implies you share the same house. Common sense no?
Not trying to start a debate or stir the pot. Just my 2 cents.
You may want to add this :
Things I Hate About My Flatmate Arcives
I was wondering what that was all about. A day or so ago I couldn't remember the URL for this blog, so I googled for it and found one of the imposters.
(Bookmarked for future reference)
DOWN DOWN DOWN with plagiarism !!
What kind of an asshole wastes their time copying other people's ideas? Unbelievable.
I saw this copy from a web search just the other day. Why someone would copy such creative writing is hard to imagine.
I do have a question. Earlier, there was what appeared to be a comment from the flatmate herself. Was this real, or did someone do a great job of saying what your flatmate might say? It was on the post about the bathroom smells...that has to be the all-time classic of all I have read.
Your blog is the greatest!
Sarah
http://numanumaguy.blogspot.com
http://marryrich.blogspot.com
http://makemoneypjs.blogspot.com
Oh hell–– your blogspot has definately been the highlight of my evening. This is good stuff. I've had my share of dealing with idiots, so I can appreciate a good rant. It's a shame someone's not clever enough to come up with their own material and has to copy yours. Tsk, tsk. I guess it can be considered a compliment? Keep the posts coming, I especially enjoy the ads/artwork preceeding each post.
First thing pops in my mind when I read your copy cat's blog is ...
OH NO ! HIS flatmate found out about this blogger!
Maybe that's the reason why he/she changed she to he :P Maybe Rohan is not really Rohan.. Maybe Rohan is your disgusting/retarded/selfish flatmate
tee hee hee
Idea: The imposter is probably your flatmate. Doing it to piss you off.
your blog is cool...
so people copy...
copy cats...
can never be as cool as you...
Hey, at least you're cool enough to be copied! No one ever copies me.
what a loser
Rohan's blog were not there when I checked. I believe if your work is copied its greatest achievement and appreciation.
Regards,
my blog
I wonder if Rohan is a crossdresser?
How lame is that.But then imitation is the greatest flattery.
Rohan may not be a cross dresser but i am. I like wearing women's clothings and walk around conning men to bed wif me.
Well he may have copied your site but he never seemed to get the pics up and that is one of the best parts of your site.
I hate people that try to be All Talk and no talent.
Your Graphic Design friend needs a raise.
Looks like his other blogs were pulled off the site too. You can't get to them at all. Wonder if he did it cuz he was getting some hate comments...hahaha. Great job on this blog! Blog on cuz I can't wait to hear more.
Kelly
missvis.blogspot.com
Hey love your blog! Its amazing how we so many of us can say, yup I hear you.
If anyone fancys taking part in a blog marathon then check out http://blogmarathon.blogspot.com/
Spread the word. Thanks Michelle.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Screw the copy cat!Everyone knows your blog is totally original - and is fast becoming part of "pop culture". The copy cat is just a wanna be.
Attention all, I left a comment promising a shiny penny to anyone who comments on my blog.
Your pennys have arrived.
And yes, copy cats shall die.
Ben
http://thingsivewritten.blogspot.com
"It's the Internet!"
...however, you're the one that is FAMOUS!
Hi there
I am a big fan of your site and laugh with lots of others everyday at your roomie.
There's aguy who has copied your site at http://ihatemyroommate.blogspot.com as well.
Happy sueing !
Soham Pablo (http://speebee.blogspot.com)
I love reading your blog - we've all had one person in our lives that seems to live to annoy us & drive us insane. My suggestion: Eat LOTS of chocolate, it's the only way you'll survive.
P.S. Seems the wanna-be copy cat has removed all his/her blogs.
I love reading your blog - we've all had one person in our lives that seems to live to annoy us & drive us insane. My suggestion: Eat LOTS of chocolate, it's the only way you'll survive.
P.S. Seems the wanna-be copy cat has removed all his/her blogs.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This personw as probably doing it to gain your Goggle serps.
I could not find follows on that link. But anyways, if there is a copycat, then thats a shame.
I would be honest telling you that you blogs are very beautifully written.
D911T
Cool blog! I'm tired of my flatmate too. It's fucking boring staying here with them. Hope you find a better flatmate.
That guy's blogs aren't up anymore. What a complete ass!
I'm sinorry to hear of your situation. I can relate to your frustrations. There appears to be a number of Copycat blogs sprouting up about the net. I have a similar situation where an individual copies my every move. Whatever happened to being original?
The Internet has made plagiarism too easy. You can report web design ripps to invision-graphics.com.
Rose DesRochers
Post a Comment
<< Home