Mouse problems

The rumour is that there is a mouse sharing our apartment. I've not yet seen it, but my flatmate's claim they've found mouse droppings, and there is a mouse sized hole in the ceiling.
Now you would think if you had a mouse problem, you would try to keep the place clean, and not leave food out. Well not according to my flatmate. I came home late the other night to find all of the lights on in the living room, but with everyone in their bedrooms. So, being the resident maid, I went about turning off all the lights people had left on, and in doing so I almost trod on a big splat of food (it looked like salsa, or something tomato based) that was just laying on the floor. I didn't even bother going to her door and knocking, I just screamed out her name saying that she had left food on the floor and she had better come to clean it up. She came running out apologizing and cleaned up her mess.
Today's reason my flatmate pisses me off;
Complaining about a mouse problem, but then leaving portions of food on the living room floor, after going to bed without switching off any of the lights in the house.

43 Comments:
Jesus Christ! I didn't think this blog could keep up the pace this long.
I conclude that this woman really is a demon from hell specifically sent to torture the fuck outta you, my friend.
Rather than advocating a shotgun to ameliorate your difficulties, have you considered a priest? Perhaps a gun toting priest... Maybe a baptist... From Texas...
Or better, just find a new flat and a new flat mate...
Other than that: I think I perceive that this flat mate is somewhat socially mis-adjusted... and I think that you're not doing her any good by screaming at her and telling her about her mistakes all the time. She's got problems you know.... and it's probably not her own fault that she's got problems either. So... how about "a little tenderness" instead of the screaming and shouting? ;)
Wow. I feel like we have the same horrible flatmate. You have made me really want to do the same thing about my flatmate.
Heres a good one for you...
When my flatmate and his girlfriend decide that it would be a great idea to cut and dye their hair in the bathroom. First, flatmate bought himself a new pair of electrip clippers and trimmed his hair first...getting tiny hairs ALL over the bathroom. On the toilet. On the sink. On the floor. Next they bleached their hair...getting the bleach paste all over the sink. Then the dyed their hair...once again getting the dye all over. But the worst part is when they RINSED it in the shower! WITHOUT WASHING THE TUB (this is the second time they have done this since we moved in).
I might mention that just one day previous to this..I had spent over an hour scrubbing the bathroom floor, the bathtub, and the sink with bleach to clean it.
So the next day I got to spray the tub with bleach again to try and get the purple-ish/black rings out, wipe up the counter, throw away the boxes for the hair products, and take the TUPPERWARE they used to mix their bleach in back to the kitchen, wipe up hair, and put the clippers back in the cupboard.
*explodes*
It feels good to get that stuff out :)
It could be worse. You could be married to your flatmate... :D
your choice...move out or stop complaining!
Don't listen to these people - hating your flatmate is your destiny. Embrace it.
Uncle Mikey is a sage. The best thing to give your life purpose is a nemesis. Mine is the postman.
I think its great you have such a flatmate, since I can then read your posts. Thank your flatmate on my behalf for being your muse.
Grow up and stop bitching. Move out or shut up. If your flatmate is so bad then leave.
After reading several of these posts, I'm convinced that you do not *have* a flatmate. I suspect that you have missed your medication *again*.
Please, please, do not continue to blame everything on your imaginary flatmate.
Do some reality testing, my friend. Just ask yourself: is it possible in this life for you to find one flatmate so perfectly, ideally fucked up? Is such a paragon of perfidy possible? Perhaps she isn't real!
Hi,
this blog is just awesome. I had a very similar flatmate up to a year ago and it recalls a lot of funny and not-so-funny memories.
Would be cool, if you could write me a mail at
[julian] at [echoes-online] dot de
:)
Regards,
Julian
Jesus christ, quit moaning won't don't you? Either move out or tell your flatmate to get her shit together. Writing a blog about it for months on end just makes you look like a bitter and twisted human being, and probably not much fun to be around.
While not condoning your flatmate's behavior, a few of the things I have read seem to point to clinical depression of some sort. The instance that stood out the most was when she lashed out when when you mentioned leaving the door open. I have lived in a house with two other roommates that was, while not quite as bad as you describe here since we called each other out a lot, still somewhat bad. All three of us were coping with clinical depression, and I with hypothyroidism (which caused said depression). If you are depressed, you simply do not have the energy to do anything more than get through the day. The Wikipedia entry on clinical depression is a good place to get started and see if your flatmate isn't an ass on her own, but as a result of a very real medical condition.
I had some pretty bad ones, but wow. I love your blog. Makes me grateful that I am now married and don't have to deal with people like this anymore!
If its that bad find a new place to live...
Relax a little and try to stop being so tensed up. You really need to find a Felix like yourself to live with rather than an Oscar. Or perhaps just live by yourself because these little things are gonna kill you with stress.
what the hell is a flatmate?
"Sadly, I think I'd prefer to live with your flatmate rather than you.
This site is an exercise in passive aggresive backstabbing.
You're a truly horrible person."
Agreed.
-anescient
Frankly man, you seem a bit of a prat for putting yourself through this for so long. Instead of letting it brew inside you until you have to lash out why don't you try one of these two options:
A: Have a regularly scheduled bitch session with your flatmates where you all assemble and air your respective grievances. I suspect you'll find they have enough to complain about you that you might think twice next time before you get to feeling like nobody is affording you the appropriate respect. So she's a careless slob and you are a nitpicking busybody. That much is clear. If you talk about it then you might be able to meet halfway and co-exist without all the anger and resentment. Open a dialogue and chill the fuck out.
B: Move out and chill the fuck out.
I am sorry for finding your misery so amusing... your flatmate sounds like she doesn't have a clue!
I have a sneaking suspicion you want to fuck your flatmate. Just get it over with mate, you know you want to. :) Seriously I had a flatmate like this once before. She drove me absolutely nuts. Then one day I shagged her rotten and she cheered right up and became the model flatmate. Ok I made that last bit up, but I really did have an awful flatmate and I can fully relate to the lights experience (electricity is EXPENSIVE). I used to walk around turning off lights saying "What do you think this is, a lighthouse?" after she failed to get the subtle hint when I switched all the bulbs to the energy saving kind. She used to create what I call "dish mountains" and we'd have mexican standoffs over the dishes. Move out buddy.
Or have sex with her. *grins*
Fuck you lot. I happen to know John Doe and the flatmate in question. She is that bad. Blow your "passive aggressive", "mental illness" theories out your arse. Don't believe the hype John.
At least your flatmate didn't steal your car, crash it, wear your clothes, flirt with your boyfriend, sit on her arse all day without a job whilst constantly moaning about being poor, eat your food, forge a cheque to herself from your chequebook for £1,000, and then tell all your friends that *you* were the horrible one, not *her*.
If you don't like the flatmate-bashing, don't read the journal, you silly buggers!
-pc
It looks like some people have missed the zeitgeist behind this blog. IMHO it's useless to tell John to get over it or move out - he's obviously smart enough to work that out. That's a pretty shallow, ill considered response. Not worth the effort of posting.
No, no. This fucker actually revels in his disgraceful, primitive, homunculate flatmate. He's ENJOYING this. Imagine the creative effort involved in this sustained level of fault finding. The cunt's a genius. This is gonzo journalism at it's finest, people. We have a new doctor. Applaud him or fuck off to your own drab unimaginative lives.
Please let me know when your flatmate starts her own blog.
Yikes.
Seriously, move out of there before you catch plague or are burned alive in your sleep... I've been in your shoes and called it quits when the cockroaches appeared.
She may ALREADY have her own blog but you just don't know it...
Rob (not anonymous, but too lazy to register. Fuck you Blogger(tm)!)
I am sorry, but it sounds like you aren't much fun to live with either. When two housemates don't get on they will find any reason to get upset with one another... and take any opportunity to annoy the other person. Your flatmate probably gets a kick out of giving you the shits, because you get the shits far too easily.
You get on her nerves with all of your whinging about silly things like creating fire hazards by draping clothes over power cables. People who want to get along don't get upset about anal stuff like that.
you know you can take care of that mouse hole by stuffing a bit of steel wool in it, the kind you use to scrub the dishes. they absolutely hate the stuff.
bunnie
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny!!1
I am living at a dorm the size of a small prison cell with my room mate. Who is by the way my polar opposites. She is relaly nice. But god the girl can't clean
J
Hey that's hilarious...makes me not wanna live with absolutly ANYONE!!!!
Thank you for posting this blog,i read it because of the nz herald.I am a 17 year old chick and i was planning on moving out of home when i reached the age of 21,i think that ill stay with my parents now.
Your flatmate sounds bloody terrible.
Have a good day,and always look on the bright side of life,if you didnt have this appauling flatmate,perhaps your life would be boring.you could write a book.
good luck.
This site is hilarious! Stuff the people who don't like it, some people are so serious and can't take a joke, others like to complain about anything and everything.
I totally relate to the mouse problem! Or should I say flatmate problem.
I moved into a flat which I had to share with the laziest, messiest people I have ever met. Their meals were prepared using almost every utensil in the house, and once prepared they went and ate in the lounge, leaving a bombsite in the kitchen. Too bad if the rest of us wanted to prepare a meal. The dirty dishes, ingredients and leftover food remained strewn around the kitchen until either I cleaned it up or they wanted leftovers (sometimes up to a week later, even if the food had sat there uncovered all week). Not surprisingly, the flat developed a rodent problem.
What was the solution? To clean up regularly? To put food away? To wash dishes? No, the solution they presented to us was to make sure the back door was shut so the mouse couldn't get in.
I love this blog, but I'd also like to know how a mouse hole could possibly get in the ceiling. And ignore those freaks- never move out.
OMG! I'm like totally on her side! you are just to stupid to realize that you are fucked up my friend! you need tharapy! Good luck!
This blog rules. All flatters need one!
Complain away! Living with retards sucks!
Wow.
It was just like reading about my own life just then.
I too have a flatemate whom is 16 (she's more temporarily in my care -- thanks to her stupid stepmother and ignorant father)and does things like leaving food uncovered in the fridge, leaves food out on the bench, stacks the rubbish up in the laundry instead of taking an extra 20 seconds to walk out and put it in the bin, and I feel if I say something, she's gonna do the bolt again...but in saying that, her thoughtlessness is leading me to become sick -- so I'm kicking her out today.
So ihatemyflatmate, rock on love, you keep bitching about your housemate. I'll listen. :-)
Hey there guys!
So I landed on this site by typing on google "Living with retards sucks" cuz honestly, I was/am so frustrated about this issue that I just came to my room and hid here to avoid the drama outside.
My roomate is actually handicapped; and he takes advantage of that to get anything he wants by making other people feel guilty.
This goes from simple things like asking for me to grab him some water (which he phisically and mentally is able to do himself) to asking me to do his laundry (which he can do himself, too).
But there are other things that really bother me. For example, the phone and the buzzer (to let HIS visitors (mostly homecare people) in) could be right besides him and he never answers it, but not only that... he YELLS at me and asks me to pick it up because my legs work and his don't. And always threatens me that if they leave then i get to take him to the washroom.
When he actually gets his hands on the phone is to delete my messages and/or call his mom and bitch to her saying that I AM THE PROBLEM and that I make him bitter and that's why he's always in a bad mood and treats everybody badly, cuz I am so bloody slow and people leave me too many messages.
He won't allow my friends to visit me most of the time either.
So glad I am moving out next January. The only reason I am staying with him is because his dad was a great man and a mentor to me. It was his last wish before he passed away that I stayed with his handicapped 25-yr old son for a year.
As much as I care and respect my late friend and mentor, sometimes I have REALLY debated that I should break my promise and leave.
This is unbereable at times. I give him care and understanding, but he treats me like his enemy.
His siblings and other relatives stopped caring about him a long time ago, mostly because they are tired of the guilt-trips.
They never call him and are always fighting over among themselves to see who gets NOT to spend time with him. Even his mother had stopped calling him (although she still answers when he calls her).
Once I brought a potential replacement for when I leave (he was even offerend a juicy salary for living there) and within 20 minutes he said "fuck that, it's not worth it"
Anyways, Thanks for paying attention to my story (there's much more to it but this entry is getting long). I hope my situation gives you guys some tolerance towards your flatmates.
Believe me, leaving the lights on, leaving food out to rot and listening to loud music are minimal things. I wish it was January so I can get to move in with somebody else, or alone, if I can afford it.
Thanks and God Bless.
Wasn't that some movie with a retared Sean Penn and Gwenyth Paltrow? If not, it should be.
I too have this problem however with Ants, after speakign several times to my flat mate he still refuses to wasj dishes or even put them in the sink after use and never puts food away. His claim is that as he does the cooking I should do everything else.
my flatmate over the christmas period decided to break into my room and steal my bedding to lend to his smelly friend that was staying over, he didn't wash it and decided to ask if this was ok after I had slept in my bed!!!!!! I hate my flatmates!!
Post a Comment
<< Home