Sick
My flatmate has been sick again recently, well actually for the past 2 weeks. Now normally, this isn't something that upsets me, it's just a fact of life that people you live with get sick, and there is a risk that you will get it. Unfortunately I too have become sick.
There is a chance I caught my cold from another source, but I'm always careful to wash my hands after using public transport, the toilet and all the rest of the places where you might pick up bugs. And this is the second time I've been sick since I moved in, and before moving into the house I'd not had a cold/flu/respiratory infection in many years.
Which brings me back to the introduction. People get sick. Some times there isn't much you can do about it. But when your flatmate's personal hygine is sub-nominal, and she is always going through stages of being sick, and I too all of a sudden start getting sick more frequently, it makes me angry that her inability to maintain to keep clean means that I get sick. Grrrr....
Today's reason my flatmate pisses me off;
She is always getting sick because of her poor hygine, which invariably means I also get sick.
There is a chance I caught my cold from another source, but I'm always careful to wash my hands after using public transport, the toilet and all the rest of the places where you might pick up bugs. And this is the second time I've been sick since I moved in, and before moving into the house I'd not had a cold/flu/respiratory infection in many years.
Which brings me back to the introduction. People get sick. Some times there isn't much you can do about it. But when your flatmate's personal hygine is sub-nominal, and she is always going through stages of being sick, and I too all of a sudden start getting sick more frequently, it makes me angry that her inability to maintain to keep clean means that I get sick. Grrrr....
Today's reason my flatmate pisses me off;
She is always getting sick because of her poor hygine, which invariably means I also get sick.

7 Comments:
Dear Mr Blogger,
My name is Dr Nick Riviera, researcher for the World Health Organization (WHO). After years of focusing my efforts on fighting tuberculosis and vaccine preventable diseases of children, I have decided to undertake a new field of investigation. The plight of the mass domestic populous exposed to inhospitable living conditions placing them at risk of numerous infections and diseases. Admittedly such issues are far more prominent throughout developing nations. But my investigations have taken me around the globe, through countless books, magazines, census documents, publications and indeed the internet. The latter has lead me to your daily logue of inauspicious residential happenings.
While my knowledge of your current living conditions has not been fully assessed, I feel I can safely deduce that you are living with what is scientifically known as a Bacterial Infection Through Contemptible Hygiene (BITCH). All WHO's current lab tests have indicated that incineration is the only guaranteed way to remove all traces of a BITCH. But before you run off to find your jerry can and matches I suggest you wait for the results of our current lab tests. WHO's chemists are currently trailing a chemical based solution to eradicate BITCHs (without leaving any traceable elements for the coroner to find. Thereby avoiding those pesky murder charges). I'll keep you posted with regard to our findings.
Sincerely
Dr Nick Riviera
Hi Dr. Nick!!
Well if it isn't my old friend, Mr McGreg!
With a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!
My first and most horrible roommate would leave piles of used Kleenex on the floor, after dragging her mattress out to sleep in front of the TV while she was jobless and sniffly and cooking dinner for men other than her boyfriend.
Yes, I got terribly sick from cleaning up after her.
I picture HER in all your posts.
My roomate does no wash her hands. At all. I noticed this when we were both in the bathroom. I finished up- went over to the sink, thought she was right behind to wash her hands as well and began to talk to her. She looked at me, then the sink, and left. It was like the sink does nothing for her or something. And worst of all- she says she's annoyed that she is getting sick. As if she doesn't know how! It's really gross- even her computer keys are greasy and the coating has rubbed off (you know- like when you buy a new computer- the top coat on the keys is like matte- or at least has texture to it). Her keys have gotten shiny from the oils and evil germs secreted from her palms and fingers. Whenever I open or close our door- I cover my hand with my sleeve. eewww......
Lol, I've just discovered this website, but it's so true. My roommate is a fucking slob, and eats so unhealthily. Unfortunately I end up paying for it as well when he gets sick. Why is it when people get sick, they never know or think to ask why? Maybe it's because you don't wash your hands after using the restroom you dumbfuck.
Post a Comment
<< Home