Friday, January 28, 2005

Cheese

When I walked in the door last night, I was welcomed with the most offensive smell - some kind of half decayed cheese had been cooked. It was so strong that I could smell it down the stairwell on the way up to the apartment, and it had leeched into my room even with the door shut. I had to open all the windows in the house, burn incense and say three 'Hail Marys' to exorcise the smell.

But after all the smell had gone, she still hadn't cleaned the stove top which is still covered in grated cheese.

Today's reason my flatmate pisses me off;

Again she stunk the house out, and then didn't clean up her mess she made.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

Had this one happen to me too, with the smell of burnt sugar, and sugar dirzzlings all over the stove, floor, and sink.

yeah. had many, many many of these very same problems with flatmates.

wish you luck, but most of all - just think about getting her out of there...or better yet a slightly older roommate who will have more respect for your place.

6:35 PM, February 02, 2005  
Blogger stephen said...

Perhaps if you mentioned to your roommate that you didn't appreciate her filth, instead of cramming it down your throat until you reach the faceless security of Internet, then you might be happier. Unless you like sounding like a ten year old with ulcers on the way.

9:13 PM, February 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang on, I have a solution - I'll send my flatmate over (he displays exactly the same traits and incredibly annoying tendancies as your flatmate) and they can get together, move out, and make their inconsiderate foul little pigsty elsewhere. Preferably far, far away from us.

P.S. Get this - my flatmate doesn't have a sense of smell (this is no joke). Something could be dead and rotting in the cupboard and he would have no clue. So, no point asking why the smelly bin hasn't been emptied...

9:13 PM, February 02, 2005  
Blogger introspectre said...

Worst housemate ever:
She had two cats. The cats were not "fixed". They were both female. They both got out and were promptly knocked up. Then we had 12 cats.
Unfortunetly, she was utterly unable to take car of two cats, much less twelve.
The litter box, she found appropriate to store next to the stove. Cat shit smell and crunchy kitty litter underfoot do not a happy meal make, as far as I could tell.
To feed them all, she would open can after can of wet cat food and leave them all laying on the floor. The cats would lick them all over the house (we had hardwood floors), luckily not cutting their tongues open in the process, and then whatever was left over in the can would rot or whatever under the couch, unseen for days. The house smelled of nasty old wet cat food, a little like rotting tuna and death, maybe.
Then they got fleas. All of them. The only rooms that were carpeted were the bedrooms, so the fleas mainly lived there. I would walk in and literally wipe my instantly blackened legs off, as the fleas would attack and soon as I got in. This is when the housemate decided to move out.
I was living in my car in the driveway by then.
The day after she left, I came in armed to the teeth with bug fogger bombs to kill all the fleas. I set them off in every room, hurrying fast to not breathe it, and the last room I get to is mine. I open the door and yelp, as there is a very obese dirty homeless woman sleeping in my bed. I almost killed her, unwittingly.
Turns out my dear old housemate decided to let the woman sleep in my bed since she had nowhere to go and I wasn't going to be home that night.
Thought that would be ok with me.
It was not.

Love your site. I'll be linking to it.

2:16 PM, February 03, 2005  
Blogger Noe said...

I HATE THAT SMELL!!! Its so disgusting. You should have some kind of award for not killing her... hell must be calling her!

4:29 AM, February 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can one up all of you. my roommate (yes, i am american) likes to cook for friends. when she does, she spills beef juices into the stove and the storage bin underneath with all of the pans and cookie sheets, without fail, everytime. when she gets food on her hands she rubs them together over the carpet. when she takes a dirty plate to the sink, she carries sideways so that all the crumbs slide off. and worst of all, she emits the foulest of odors, presumabley from her own body. i think it might be gangrene. she has been buying bandaids since she has moved in, gradually graduating to larger sizes. now she just buys gauze.

8:28 PM, May 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ex-flatmate a.k.a. FAT-USELESS-LONG-HAIRED-ALCOHOLIC-FUCK-TARD (tm) would insist on cooking pungent asian curries (which I do enjoy) at incredibly high temperatures. Oil would splatter over the entire kitchen, the walls, the rangehood and the floor. He saw no problem at all with leaving it there. When he cooked things he'd burn food into such a state that it would form chemical bonds with the saucepans, even the non-stick ones. Of course, he'd rarely wash these up either. So we'd clean them as well we could on his behalf, but he rendered most our cookware destroyed by the end of the tennancy.

My girlfriend and I actually hid a new saucepan set from him in the garage because we knew that if he ever touched it.. just once, they would be ruined.

2:34 AM, January 31, 2007  
Anonymous Elliot said...

I hope your roommate cleans that smelly situation soon.

12:02 AM, March 19, 2025  

Post a Comment

<< Home